Monday, September 29, 2008

remembering


I was having a senior moment and started going through some pictures. I made an album of my favorite pictures from freshman and sophomore year. Pictures of my life. Furman memories. Memories with friends.

"So, this is my life. And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be." -- Perks of Being a Wallflower

I remembered this quote because the pictures made me both really happy and really sad. I had forgotten some of the pictures and laughed out loud when I saw them; others were bittersweet, remembering friendships that were stronger during this time.

I remember the moments captured in the pictures so well but at the same time I feel so far removed from them, like they were so long ago.

It's a really strange feeling.

I think I'm going to listen to the rain and look through them one more time.

No comments: