Wednesday, September 10, 2008

In honor of you who lived in honor of Him




Precious Pictures! Lindsay and her love, Max; Lindsay and her twin Josh as babies.


Oh, Lindsay Lou.

Tomorrow marks the four year anniversary of my cousin Lindsay’s death. She was the best example of someone living out their faith that I have ever known. She “got it” at such a young age and lived it, lived for Him. So much has happened in these four years.And now her many sins have been forgiven for she loved much (Luke 7:52). Oh, did she ever!!!!

She would just be thrilled at how everyone has grown: her brother Matt got married and is in law school, her twin Josh is in dental school, her little brother Sam is a baseball/middle school stud, her cousin Natalie – who’s birthdays are separated by one day – is getting married in the spring and me, well, I’m chugging along in my senior year of college aiming for law school. I keep a picture of Matt, Josh, Nat, Lindsay, and me near my bed at school. It was taken the last time I saw her at my family's farm over Thanksgiving.

Oh how she would delight in our joys, encourage us along, and love us unconditionally and powerfully as she did when she was still present with us. She still fulfills those roles, though now she is face to face with Jesus, now that she is whole and pure and unburdened by sin. She is smiling down on us, my reminder to fight the good fight, finish the race. It’s hard to imagine that she has seen God’s face! She has waited expectantly and He threw open the doors and what a feast for the eyes – she could gaze upon His glory and look in His eyes; I shall not mourn for her down here.

When I get where I’m going
There’ll be only happy tears
I’ll shed the sins and struggles I have carried all these years
I’ll leave my heart wide open
I will love and have no fear
When I get where I’m going
Don’t cry for me down here
…so much pain and so much darkness in this world we stumble through
all these questions I can’t answer, there’s so much work to do
but when I get where I’m going and I see my Maker’s face
I’ll stand forever in the light of His Amazing Grace
(Brad Paisley, When I get where I'm going)

An excerpt from the Journals of Lindsay Carole Miller read at her Memorial Service September 14, 2004

I know that God has blessed me beyond belief, and have prayed for His help from the day I became his daughter. So now I pray for courage, wisdom, strength, grace, hope, knowledge, faith, and kindness. ...And in knowing that this life is merely a backstage, a blink in time, I can live in peace.
We should have faith that through His Son Jesus Christ can we be saved. We should know this and not much more to make it through this life. He's really all about love. We need to understand that nowhere will we find pure...love than God's love. ...We also must learn to forgive...because we are falible and will make mistakes. ...we need to believe in God and put our faith and ourselves ONLY in Him, learn to love...and by the grace of God only can we be saved. Thank you Lord for GRACE!


Lindsay Carole Miller

The last recorded entry in her prayer journal:

Please let all I do be in remembrance and Honor of you! I LOVE YOU MY Adonai, Yeshua, Elohim, Yaweh, Abba, Father, Friend, and King.

Lindsay Carole Miller, 2004

My grandmother wrote me this and I kept it. It is one of my most treasured notes I've ever been written because it connects me with dearest Lindsay.

Hi Allison
Your beautiful mind and thought processes are continually inspiring-and amazing. I think you and Lindsay are/were soul sisters. Just think of the discussions you two could have had at this stage in your life! Perhaps she speaks with and through you and you have these questions-and answers-of the heart.
I am very proud of you,little one.
Lindsay wrote in one of her notes to me that she didn't realize how much she didn't know. But she was learning and open to so much. And her observation of her Mother as she gained insight and wisdom. Life is an ongoing lesson-some don't pay attention and don't learn. You, me dear, are right on track.
Keep in touch. The year is almost over at school.
Much love
Gma Carole 4/30/06

No comments: