
Weeping may remain for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning. Psalm 30:5
A new day. Scarlett says “tomorrow is another day,” and thank goodness for that. Yesterday ended and a new, glorious day came in its place.
Streams in the Desert, Sept. 14 passage:
[Jesus] draws close to me in order to mature my wisdom, deepen my peace, increase my courage, and supplement my power. All this He does so that through the very experience that is so painful and distressing to me, I will be of greater use to others. And then I will echo these words of one of the Scottish Covenators of the 17th century, imprisoned for his faith: “I grow under the load.”
Use the cross you bear as a crutch to help you on your way, not as a stumbling block that causes you to fall.
You may others from sadness beguile if you carry your cross with a smile.
Words of encouragement from friends that meant the world to me these past few days & helped lift my spirits:
God never puts us in situations he doesn’t think we can handle. This may seem hard right now, but you’re such a strong person…
Whatever you do, and wherever life takes you, don't stress. just live for god & know that in the grand scheme of things, standardized tests are not a huge matter. loving one another and being totally trustworthy and committed to Christ, however, is.
I am praying for you :) specifically, that you have a sense of peace that God will reward your hard work. and even if your scores haven't gone up, you've worked on the virtue of patience and the difficult skill of discipline.... and those are really really hard things to do (perhaps even harder than the test itself). so be proud of yourself, and know that God -- i'm sure -- is proud of your commitment to your vocation of student-ness.
God knows what's best. Not us. My all time favorite verse has always been Proverbs 3:5-6
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight."
And the career counselor today:
It will be ok because you are too well prepared for it not to be.
Today was a good day. Had lunch with Travis, one of my best friends. He’s in a similar boat. We’re both control freaks learning that control is just an illusion and we have to be flexible, roll with the punches, not be so nailed down to one idea or our plans or how we think things should be so that we snap instead of just bending when a new wind blows our way. I don’t like change. According to my personality type, it is a dislike intrinsic to my nature.
Can the child within my heart rise above
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides
Can I handle the seasons of my life
Well, I’ve been afraid of changing
cause I’ve built my life around you
But time makes you bolder
Children get older
I’m getting older too
(Landslide, Fleetwood Mac)
I’m learning to embrace change. Err maybe not embrace…maybe me and change are more like at an awkward side hug phase. Can I sail through the changing ocean tides? Can I handle the seasons of my life? With time I have felt myself get bolder – I’m bolder than I was last year. And I am getting older. I’m freakin’ 22 years old. Time to act my age, whatever that is supposed to look like.
Met with the career counselor who was not just encouraging but also offered proactive advice. That was a productive appointment. Believe me, mom and pops, I’m pursuing options for life after Furman and will let you know the minute I have something lined up. I’m not just dancing through life. But I think my problem is when I get stressed I forget to dance at all. I saw a friend on the way to class and I told him I admire his laid back approach to life. Things work out whether or not you work yourself into an unbearable ball of stress over them or not, so for the sake of those who have to come in contact with me, I shall be resolved to be positive...and to dance.

Thought I had 100 pages of reading but only have 20; thought I had to brief 9 cases but only have to brief 1. So that was a nice discovery. I overestimated the work load – thought the to-do list would be a mile long after not doing much homework last night but it wasn’t after all – but I still need to get to the work I haven’t finished soon. Still haven’t reviewed the LSAT practice test from yesterday. I’ve been giving it the shaft all day. But I will get back to it eventually, if not tonight, maybe tomorrow because
When push comes to shove
You taste what you're made of
You might bend, till you break
Cause it's all you can take
On your knees you look up
Decide you’ve had enough
You get mad you get strong
Wipe your hands shake it off
Then you stand,
Yeah then you stand.
Every time you get up
And get back in the race
One more small piece of you
Starts to fall into place
(Stand, Rascal Flatts)
Every time you get up and get back in the race one more small piece of you starts to fall into place.
Hello, race. I'm back.
No comments:
Post a Comment