

So my buddy Karrah Leary is studying abroad and has been sending out mass emails but also sent me a little personalized email asking how things were going. If you ask, I will tell. I don’t know if it’s obvious or not, but I kind of like to write, it’s kinda my preferred manner of communication if I can’t be face to face, especially when it comes to keeping in touch with people...
I included the email I sent to her below because it is a good summary of how I’ve been doing and what I’ve been doing. I won’t include her response for the sake of her privacy, but she wrote me back already!! Karrah is interested in law school too AND she is interested in UT College of Law! It would be so unbelievably amazing if we both ended up there – oh the thought makes me so happy I can’t even handle it! We met through BCM and became good friends through rush freshman year and kept in touch but became involved in different sororities and clubs at Furman and just didn’t see each other as much, but I still think she is so amazing. She’s a very warm, very genuine lady who doesn’t know how gorgeous she is. I’ve always felt a connection with her because she’s spunky and silly but also very grounded in her faith, and her faith shines in how caring she is. Oh, sweet Karrah! She gave me some good advice and encouragement as far as the LSAT is concerned, and said she had the same experience I had where studying so much gets to the point where it is counterproductive so the trick is to try to relax. Exaaactly. So, taking her advice I am taking a break from my LSAT studying. I’m going to do it off and on for a few more hours tonight and then call the boy who will be here this time tomorrow!!!
Dearest Karrah,
Thank you for keeping me updated about your adventures abroad! What have you enjoyed the most? What a wonderful way to spend the fall of senior year -- traveling around Europe :-)
Senior year is nuts! It's a blast! The work load is plentiful (a positive way to say unending), the weather is chilly (mid 60s for sept., say whaaaat), the roommates are INCREDIBLE, tridelt is fabulous, my new boyfriend (Clint Wickles - from my hometown) treats me better than i have ever been treated by a man and i am just crazy 'bout him, and life is good.
Someone asked me what I'm most looking forward to this year and I must say my sister's wedding, April 18. She has booked a band and I'm ready to boogey! And, my tridelt big, Nancy Demetree's wedding is in less than 2 months in Orlando. When did we get so old!
I'll return home to Nashville next Friday because it's fall break to take the LSAT (can you send up some prayers on my behalf?) that saturday, oct. 4. It will be nice to take it, get it over with. I've been preparing with an online practice course and am hoping for the best. didn't you take it in june? i know i talked to you briefly about my interest in law when asking you about your D.C. experience, but yes we seriously need to talk...the easiest way to fill you in on this, here's what i'm going to do - i'm going to attach the cover letter i gave my advisor when asking him to write me a rec for law school, that will explain it better than i can in a email -- but i want to hear YOUR side. how did you crack the LSAT? what law schools are you looking at? you're a tennessee girl like me, are you going to try to stay in state or no (i think i would cry tears of joy if you said UT college of law - it would be so nice to have a buddy, and not just any buddy, Y-O-U!).
As I already mentioned briefly, I met with both my academic advisors yesterday ( Dr. Shackelford from English, and Dr. Delancey from Comm. Studies) and they agreed to write me recommendations for law school, so I am really and truly applying & so excited about it!! The week after fall break is the graduate school fair so I can meet admissions counselors from southern law schools (including ut college of law which is my top choice right now). Larry Hudson, career counselor, in Furman's office of career services told me furman is known for its academic rigor, particularly in the south, and that will help me in the application process even if my LSAT scores are sub par.
So this Furman senior is having fun but proactively pursuing her future beyond the bubble. We have our first function this weekend and so Clint will be coming in town :-). There's no theme, it's just a dance, but the deltas said we would have a big costume party in the winter instead. It's pretty chilly in Furman land -- I guess it is fall, but the cold weather seems to have arrived earlier than normal. However, I am resolved to wear my dresses and skirts for as long as possible!!!
How are things will Michael? I'm in a long distance relationship so I know it can be tricky - do y'all get to talk much during your travels?
Keep me updated! God Bless You! I've missed you!
Allison
No comments:
Post a Comment