Thursday, September 18, 2008

light, smile, peace


This picture is my computer backdrop.

I found it on a google image search. I can’t remember what I was even looking for but I think it came up under some abstract concept, like hope or peace.

It makes me think of the 23 Psalm. It is so peaceful. The water is calm, serene. The light is gentle but so present and so comforting, and the light fills the sky.

Calmer of the sea, the power of Your life is in me. O wonderful love, you died for me.

I’m letting my heart marinate in those promises a bit, soak them up, let the light reach deep and feel it cause my heart to stir and like the bud of a flower, open towards that source of warmth.

Father let your light shine down on me.

“May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace.” Numbers 6:24-26

No matter what the day or night may bring, Father let your light shine down on me.

Smile down on me. Grant me Your peace. Your love is extravagant. How could you O Perfect One, when nothing I have done is worthy of my freedom you have won?

“Test me in this," says the LORD Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it.” Malachi 3:10

Smile down on me Father. Drench me with the light of Your love, the smile of Your face. You and only You bring my heart to stillness, bring my heart to life.

Song of the day I keep quoting? Let your light shine, Bethany Dillon. A beautiful prayer.

The Calmer of the sea
Here in this room with me
So gently welcoming
The weakest things in me
You are the blood over
The door of my heart
What pain You spared me from
How could I know it all?

Oh wonderful love, You died for me
The power of Your life is in me

Father, let Your light shine down on me
Father, let Your light shine down on me
No matter what the day or night may bring
Father, let Your light shine down on me

Oh Jesus, You became what was my deepest shame
That at Your very name
My calloused heart would change
How could You, oh perfect One
Love me, when I have done nothing that's worthy of
My freedom You have won

Oh wonderful love, You died for me
The power of Your life is in me

Father, let Your light shine down on me
Father, let Your light shine down on me
No matter what the day or night may bring
Father, let Your light shine down on me

Open up the heavens
Poor down Your Spirit
Hold me God
Jesus, wherever You lead
I'll sing harmony
Hold me God

Father, let Your light shine down on me
Father, let Your light shine down on me
No matter what the day or night may bring
Father, let Your light shine down on me

No comments: