Yesterday I was out the door at 8 am and didn't get home til 9 pm. No worries, I went to bed at 10:15. :)
I made the decision of just keep going, you can sleep later. And sleep I did. In past summers my friends would make fun of me for going to bed before 11...in some cases, before 10. As an adult in training, it's good to be able to wake up early - but early to bed, early to rise.
Yesterday I got to meet Mayor Dean. I rode in his car. It was the mayor, his driver, his chief of staff, his press secretary, & me! We went to the opening of a historic fire station after it had renovations. He gave a talk. I ooohhed and aaahhed. The press secretary, my supervisor, is very approachable and easy to talk to. At my last internship I was so intimidated by my supervisor - she was such an articulate, professional business woman (and I felt like a babbling bother) - but so is this supervisor. What's changed? Experience, I guess. It took being in that PR office for 3 months for me to be able to speak concisely and with confidence. It makes a big difference. Definitely feel less awkward. I don't want to jinx it - I keep thinking I'll feel out of place, but that hasn't happened yet.
After my internship I went to a workshop the mediator I'm interning with gave with the Nashville Conflict Resolution Center - a Habitat for Humanity Conflict Management Skills for Homeowners Workshop. I helped edit the materials and it was cool to see her presentation on techniques very similar to mediation.
Then, I went to Kairos at Brentwood Baptist and met up with my friends (from Elementary school) Robin and Courtney. Kairos needs another post all itself. I'm going to try to get ready and get back to it, because I want to flush out my notes.
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment