As of 6/24/08, these are my Top 25 most played songs according to my hot pink ipod. I have no musical talent whatsoever but I get really into my music. I like to jam & I like to sing. It’s interesting how the songs have shifted with the seasons of life. Some have remained my favorites over the years, some have shot straight to the top. Some are only on the list because I listened to them on repeat during a particular season. It’s a snapshot of where I’ve been and where I am. It may look like a really random list, but each one is a piece of the puzzle & is my life's soundtrack. The list will be totally different at the end of the summer & hopefully I’ll remember to document it two months from now when classes start.
1.This is my father’s world – Chris Rice’s piano version of the beautiful hymn
2.Watch me shine – Legally Blonde soundtrack. Best workout song.
3.Jesus, lover of my soul – artist unknown. Plenteous grace with thee is found, grace to cover all my sin. Let the healing streams abound, make and keep me pure within.
4.O love that will not let me go – a singer that sounds like my roommate Jessie and a guitar. A-mazing.
5.Hips don’t lie – Shakira, Shakira. Once upon a time I permed my hair to look like her...
6.Grace like rain intro. – Aaron Shust
7.Promiscuous – Nelly Furtado. If Mandy and I had a song, this would be it.
8.Change the world – Eric Clapton. Our family friend wrote it. He owns a toucan.
9.Perfect day – Legally Blonde soundtrack.
10.Take me out tonight – Rent soundtrack. What’s the time? Well it’s gotta be close to midnight…
11.Grace like rain – Todd Agnew
12.Someone searching – Ginny Owens. Thank you, Sarah Dial.
13.Uptown girl – Billy Joel. And when she knows what she wants from her tiiiiime
14.Sunny days – Jars of Clay. Sunny days, keepin’ the clouds away. I think we’re coming to a clearing and a brighter day.
15.Jessie’s Girl – Rick Springfield. Where can I find a woman like that? She’s right here!
16.Boyfriend – Ashlee Simpson. How embarrassing. Hahahaha
17.Jesu, joy of man’s desiring/ winter mix – George Winston, heavenly piano
18.I wanna dance with somebody – Whitney Houston. Makes me think of sophomore year, Kappa Kappa Gangsta…
19.Island in the sun – Weezer. When you’re on a holiday…
20.O love that will not let me go – man singing, country/banjo mix.
21.Babylon – David Gray. Let go of your heart, let go of your head, and feel it now.
22.Church’s one foundation – Chris Rice, piano.
23.100 Years – Five for Fighting. I’m 22 for a moment and she feels better than ever and we’re on fire, making our way back from Mars.
24.Dancing through life – Wicked soundtrack. It’s just life, so keep dancing through.
25.Pride (in the name of love) – U2. In the name of love! What more in the name of love!
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment