

This weekend flew by and I'm home after CB & John's wedding.
I have 3 pictures of my own so I have to wait 'til Amanda posts hers and I really want to see them so I've been checking facebook often and am online yet again. I want to see the night all over again, relive the glory & the joy & the celebration.
I wanted to drink it all in and so my usual documenting went by the wayside.
The night was glorious.
The ceremony was holy & wonderful seeing two people I love and admire commit to each other. It was moving, surreal, encouraging, and beautiful.
The reception was SO MUCH FUN. I've realized all over again how much I absolutely love swing dancing and am resolved to learn the turns & spins so future dancing opportunities will be like this night, instead of mere swaying and head bobbing. Love it. I loved seeing Furman friends - graduates and fellow students - and loved being able to share Mr. & Mrs. Candeto's joy with those dear, delightful Furman friends!
At the end of the night my heart was brimming with joy and gratitude. Cheesy, but I'd like to dedicate this song to all who made the night so special for me, and it wasn't even my big night (especially dedicated to CB & John, b/c it was their big night, and I was blessed being able to share their joy):
If I had words to make a day for you,
I'd sing a morning golden & true
I would make this day last for all time
then fill the night deep with moonshine
If I could make a day for you
In the words of James Taylor, You must forgive me if I've gone to Carolina in my mind. For now, yes I have. Is it really over? Is it really almost Monday?
Take time to realize this all can pass you by
Didn't I tell you
But I can't spell it out for you
No, it's never going to be that simple
No, I can't spell it out for you
I can't spell out all I'd like to say, though John Mayer says to "say what you need to say, say what you need to say, say what you need to say..." Ok, I get it John.
But is that the best approach? He says it's better to say too much than not say what you need to say...this coming from the same author of "my stupid mouth, got me in trouble, I said too much again..." Confusing.
Time shows which approach is best, I suppose, and it varies from situation to situation. I can see where it was wise to bite my tongue last night & conceal the truth b/c what I really thought wouldn't be respected. God wouldn't be glorified by me repaying unkindness with unkindness.
Take time to realize, goes the popular song...
realize what I really want, what I'm thinking, what the goal is, anyway.
For now I will say this. Until Megan's wedding, the weekends in between may not be big productions filled with dozens of friends in the same vicinity but little delights await and I'm excited.
No comments:
Post a Comment