"I'm going back to Charleston...I want peace. I want to see if somewhere there isn't something left in life of charm and grace" - Rhett Butler
So Hannah turned 21 last weekend so Jenni, Bridgette, and I ventured up to Charleston this past weekend to help her celebrate! Her parents rented out a hotel room for us in downtown Charleston & provided dinner & beverages & our tickets to an improv comedy show Friday night & an appetizer at dinner Saturday night! Talk about a treat!
We had wonderful warm sunshine all weekend & slept in after a night out on the town then shopped all day and went to Social, a fancy, yummy restaurant for dinner then back out on the town! Wet Willys for slushies both nights, Irish pub, Wild Wings. Hannah wore the birthday crown and badge Friday night and her new blue dress Saturday night while her guests wore black! :)
What can I say, it was wonderful. Wonderful to see and spend time with dearest Hannah and be with two of my other best friends outside the bubble of school and academia pressures. Homework went out the window as a "personal day," er, weekend was taken, a weekend with the ladies!
It's never been more perfect being alive
Never felt more satisfied
I'm in one of those "I'm-so-thankful-for-my-life-and-friends" kind of mood. I'm just going to relish this wonderful blessing that was this weekend & the most sacred gift life affords - friendship/relationships/love - that God has LAVISHED on me that I felt in BIG ways this weekend. God is good. :) Oh, how He loves us!
Rhett Butler was SO right. Charleston = peace, charm, & grace. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment