
...the whole not rushing thing. Way good for the soul. Who'd a thunk it.
Right after I wrote my last blog entry, I came across a Bible verse that was perfect for what I was feeling & thinking.
Psalm 25: Dependence on the Lord.
I wrote it out on a card and have kept it in my planner all week. Here's some bits & pieces:
- Lord, I turn my hope to you.
- My God, I trust in you.
- Make your ways known to me, Lord; teach me your paths.
- Remember Lord, your compassion and your faithful love.
- Do not remember the sins of my youth.
- The Lord is good and upright, therefore he shows sinners the way.
- My eyes are always on the Lord, for he will pull my feet out of the net.
- Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am alone and afflicted. The distresses of my heart increase; bring me out of my sufferings.
- Guard me and deliver me; do not let me be put to shame, for I take refuge in you.
- God, redeem Israel from all its distresses.
The image of him pulling my feet out of the net really stuck with me. I had felt stuck. If something could have been interpreted in a negative way or read into in a bad way, oh, I was going there. I was thinking the worst, taking things way too personal, and pouting. Stuck. Stuck and wallowing. Gross. Only God could help me out of that funk and he did. What a wonderful refuge he has been for me.
Today I went for a 5k run around Furman's campus, around the lake, down the mall, at a good pace, in crisp 53 degrees, in the bright warm sun that had been shining all day. I also went to go paint pottery with Caroline. It was free. And so was Moe's catering. Just a marvelous event the student activities board put on. :) I painted a bowl for my mom for her birthday. Those are my two happy events for the day.
It has been so nice having time, making time, whichever it is - probably both - to be with my favorite people and do things I want to do. Yesterday my bio lab was canceled so the 3 hours I would have been in lab I watched Titanic instead. We had some new deltas over last night. Cupcakes in the shape of hearts and an attempt at homemade icing that failed haha (ok so I cook once a month and alas not a great success, oh well). Cleaned my room up for the occasion and it is still so tidy, I love it! It's been really nice being able to talk to Clint on Skype (Otay, Buckwheat). I got to see him holding his sweet doggie yesterday. Awww, Scooter. I've had suishi two days in a row for lunch, and granola for dinner. Mmm. It is the little things in life. Gotta love 'em.
Today stands as an important marker. I now have 100 days until graduation. I am going to keep track of at least one happy moment from my 100 last days. I watched TITANIC yesterday, and in honor of Jack's toast at dinner, I want to make these last 100 days count.
"I mean, I love waking up in the morning not knowing what's gonna happen or, who I'm gonna meet, where I'm gonna wind up. Just the other night I was sleeping under a bridge and now here I am on the grandest ship in the world having champagne with you fine people. I figure life's a gift and I don't intend on wasting it. You don't know what hand you're gonna get dealt next. You learn to take life as it comes at you... to make each day count."
I'll toast to that. Right now, in fact. Time to go finish off some champagne leftover from last night & watch the end of Gone With the Wind with my dear roommate.
No comments:
Post a Comment