
My favorite hymn came on my ipod shuffle yesterday. I listened to it while walking in the light rain after a heavy morning shower. It says 'let me to Thy bosom fly' which I think this picture shows very well. It also says 'hide me, o my Savior, hide, till the storm of life is past' which made me think of the rainstorm overhead and other 'storms' of life that I needed Jesus to be my refuge from in a big way. I imagined Him taking me in his arms, guiding me by the hand into a safe haven, and being with me, being ever present with me, covering 'my defenseless head in the shadow of his wings.'
A new quote of mine on facebook is "God cannot give us a happiness and peace apart from Himself, because it is not there. There is no such thing" by C. S. Lewis, which compels me to seek peace in him because he, and he alone, is the true source, he is where it can be found in really big ways.
Because what I need Jesus to be for me lately is a refuge. The stress is high and until it passes, I just need to be held.
This favorite hymn of mine was the last thing I thought of before going to sleep last night. I could sleep secure in the comfort of my Savior's arms, knowing he would hold me, love me, keep me safe, and protect me.
Jesus, lover of my soul,
Let me to Thy bosom fly,
While the nearer waters roll,
While the tempest still is high.
Hide me, O my Savior, hide,
Till the storm of life is past;
Safe into the haven guide;
Oh, receive my soul at last.
Other refuge have I none,
Hangs my helpless soul on Thee;
Leave, ah! leave me not alone,
Still support and comfort me.
All my trust on Thee is stayed,
All my help from Thee I bring;
Cover my defenseless head
With the shadow of Thy wing.

Wilt Thou not regard my call?
Wilt Thou not accept my prayer?
Lo! I sink, I faint, I fall—
Lo! on Thee I cast my care.
Reach me out Thy gracious hand!
While I of Thy strength receive,
Hoping against hope I stand,
Dying, and behold, I live.
Thou, O Christ, art all I want,
More than all in Thee I find;
Raise the fallen, cheer the faint,
Heal the sick, and lead the blind.
Just and holy is Thy Name,
Source of all true righteousness;
Thou art evermore the same,
Thou art full of truth and grace.
Plenteous grace with Thee is found,
Grace to cover all my sin;
Let the healing streams abound;
Make and keep me pure within.
Thou of life the fountain art,
Freely let me take of Thee;
Spring Thou up within my heart;
Rise to all eternity.

This picture's title is Innocence, and it makes me think of that line 'let the healing streams abound, make and keep me pure within.' It is because of God's grace that those healing streams abound in my life and he imparts his purity in my heart. When he looks at me he sees white. Many forces in this world come to corrupt "steal, kill, and destroy" that innocence, that purity, but Jesus came so that "we may have life and have it to the full" (John 10:10).
Ah, yes, life to the full. He died so that I could live, truly live.
I think I may go home a day early. I was going to have to miss my Friday classes to interview for a summer internship Friday afternoon anyway. I have not missed class yet this term. Why not start the weekend a day early? It's going to be a busy weekend
-interview
-shopping with mom for bridesmaids shoes, wedding errands
-Hollywood glamor party at Sandy's
-Nat's shower on Sunday
why not have Friday during the day to rest, instead of racing back on Friday to make my late afternoon interview? A personal day. A Furman graduate told me to do that every once and a while senior year. As Jenni Asman says, "You gotta enjoy life."
And there's someone I am looking forward to seeing. Someone I can't wait to see, even though it hasn't even been a week. I love him very much. He jokes about me putting incriminating things on my blog and says, 'don't you know I read it'! Yes, I do know you read this, Babe. I love you & am going to see you today.
I have downloaded an audio book 'Lady Killer' about a female attorney who is trying to help an old classmate escape a boyfriend that has ties to the mob - a crime thriller - hmm, we'll see. I don't think I could listen to Frank the whole way home. He sang me to sleep the other night...but it was only like 10 pm so that was a little too early, Frank. Anyways, I got ta go to work(then I am going to pack the car and leave!) so adios for now!
Then I'm homeward bound (haha like the movie...man, I want a dog so bad!)!
No comments:
Post a Comment