
I hadn't been following celebrity news, but when I heard this story it really struck me & got my attention.
The media called it a fairytale gone terribly wrong - pop princess Rihanna and prince Chris Brown in tumultuous waters. Seemed like a case of 'they had it all' - fame, success, money, good looks, and even love of another celebrity, dare say, top of the world? But even celebrities have problems too, real problems. Fame doesn't solve problems.
My heart went out to Rihanna. Of course I don't know her personally or don't know what happened, but that doesn't matter. As Kanye West said, it should never get to the point where a woman is beaten by someone she trusts and loves to the point she has to fear for her life. There is no excuse for that.
Kanye said, "I don't want to speak more into the specifics with that situation, but all I'll say is it's just so devastating. I feel like, just as a person, I don’t care how famous she is or even if she just worked at McDonald's, that should never happen. It should never come to that place."
Chris Brown beat her, bruised her, and because of their fight they both missed their Grammay performances. People have been speculating what happened, what will happen. Chris Brown's endorsements are being suspended, possibly lost, rightfully so.
The first song on my shuffle for my drive back to Furman was Rihanna's "Please Don't Stop the Music." She's so talented, her future's still so promising. Chris? I used to be a fan. It's hard to listen to him without getting a bad taste in my mouth.
People have rallied around Rihanna, though. I think people are hoping she will move on and speak out, champion women's rights against domestic violence. Maybe she'll forgive him, and there could be a strong testimony there, too. But I really hope she'll use this trial to help others.
No comments:
Post a Comment