Monday, February 23, 2009

The best approach

I’m thinking the best approach for now is to live at home and find a job for next year.

I’d been really overwhelmed by the prospects of taking on a lot of debt to pay for law school. For now, I just want to get and save some money.

And I do think I’m getting burned out school-wise. Maybe it’s just senioritis, but I think a break would do me good.

I did get the summer internship I went home to interview for – it’s with Governor Bredesen’s Books from Birth foundation. It’s paid, three months, 40+ hour weeks, should gain good experience writing, in a non-profit setting, even seem event planning and constituent relation work. I can always decline if I find a job. Maybe I can write for the publisher I know this summer – or permanently – as well.
I’m going to Furman’s career fair tomorrow. There are some companies that are only offering internships but maybe that’s what I need, something for a few years while I’m at home, saving up some cash money. We’ll see. Going to research the companies shortly.

I do still want to go to law school. But I do not want to be in big debt. Solution? Wait. Oh, you just have to wait Phil Collins sings.

But maybe there’s something else better suited for me. I am a smart cookie, an educated woman, and almost a college graduate. Surely, there’s something out there I could do. I’d like to find that sooner rather than later of course.
My grandmother told me yesterday that the path may already be there, it’s just a matter of praying, finding it; maybe she meant there’s not just one path I need to take. That a handful of options would be good. Now that I’m thinking about it, I’m not completely sure what my grandmother meant, but it was really comforting to talk to her. At least three people have told me in the past two days that they aren’t worried about me as a person, that I’ll be fine. I feel that off and on but am trying to trust that.

God DOES say, “I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.” Plans, plans, plans.
I have plans to meet with my old counselor tomorrow and I already feel very relieved. It was so nice having her as an objective third party perspective when I was going through my break up last spring & such. For now, I need a new approach on handling some things…and perhaps advice on how to find balance & not take things so personally. It’s nice to remember, be reminded, that one thing or person (apart from God) won’t make me feel better, less stressed, but she has a great way of advising me how to mend what I’ve messed up.

War is not the answer, the answer is within you.
War is not the answer, the answer is within you.
Love, Love
Love, Love
Love, Love
Love, Love

(Ray Lamontagne, Within You)

No comments: