




This break has been very very wonderful and I am quite saddened that it is coming to an end. In the 26 days that I've been home I've:
-Watched The Holiday, ELF, The Family Stone, The Prince of Tides, Sweet Home Alabama, Something's Gotta Give, The Devil Wears Prada, The Other Boleyn Girl [you see, the weather was less than pleasant - the average day was cold and rainy - so many days/nights consisted of movies which was fine by me because they are a luxury I don't get often at Furman]
-Saw Yes Man [with my brothers & Clint] & Bride Wars [with my mom & sis] in the theater
-Watched the Titans enter & dismally exit the NFL playoffs
-Made gingerbread houses
-Went to the Nutcracker ballet
-Gave away jewelery from old boyfriends to my cousins & friend
-Hosted my first New Years party at the farm [I have a lot of respect for hostesses - a lot goes into planning little gatherings!! there's cleaning to do, food to buy, directions and times and people to coordinate with]
-Received my higher LSAT score :)
-Hiked around Radnor Lake with my family
-Went bowling
-Attended Breakthru as a college counselor
-Listened to my first book on tape, The Other Boleyn Girl
-Read Yes Man & half of Celebration of Discipline
-Went out to eat at Chilis [for my 6 month with Clint], Puffy Muffin [Emily], Loveless Cafe [ w roomies], Big River [w roomies + friends], Pucketts [w roomies], a restaurant with my family I'm going blank on, Lose Paletos [homemade popsicles with roomies]
-Had Starbucks coffee dates [Robin, Kat, & Emily]
-Hosted my college roommates for a few days
-Got a new Bible, went with the Wickles to get a new dog
-Started planning my sister's bachelorette party [the invitations are in the works and look great!]
-Went to the farm
-Took my dog on walks
-Went for some runs & did some workouts on the eliptical
Most importantly, I spent time with the people who mean the world to me these past 3 1/2 weeks. After this break I feel more rested, more centered, more loved (and well, there's just more of me in general after holiday eating).

As Trace Adkins sings, "These are some good times, so take a good look now," which I feel so strongly.
He continues, "You may not know it now, but you're gonna miss this."
...which is the part you don't have to tell me, I already know. I am.
Tomorrow I make the drive back to Furman to begin my final term. This term is going to fly by, and then I am going to miss it, too.
-Sorority recruitment
-Hannah's 21st bday in Charleston
-winter function with tridelt
-Valentine's Day weekend (it's on a saturday, yay!)
-another tridelt function, themed "destination unknown"
-spring break (destination unknown as of now...)
-nat's bachelorette party!
-tridelt formal
-easter
-nat's wedding
-three weeks, then graduation!
Whoa! There's weekend's in between that don't have set activities, but most weekends are already spoken for!
Ah, deep breath. Ready. set. go.
No comments:
Post a Comment