Thursday, January 15, 2009

drink it in



I spent the last few moments reading one of my friends blogs who went to Ireland this summer. Her final post was a summary of what she learned this summer.

I eagerly drank in her reflections, reflections from the heart. I find them very beautiful. Pure, beautiful contemplations of God.

These are pictures from her trip too, by the way, which gave me a glimpse of the sights and the sensations. The pure beauty of the Irish landscape. Majestic and ancient, wild and free, yet... peaceful. A gentle setting that pairs nicely with lessons that have settled with serenity on her heart:

*I have more life in my tiredness as I live to please someone who is already delighted in me.

*I am accepted despite my failures.

*He freed us from our bondage to His love and absolute freedom in Him.

*A desire to love well over doing well and to love others without expecting them to change.

*Value rest - there's a reason for it.

I would like to visit Ireland one day. So would someone I love dearly. Isn't it lovely?!

No comments: