Today I have 3 classes, formal pledging for the new girls, and dinner planned.
Tomorrow I have work, class, work again.
Wednesday I have 2 classes and lab.
Thursday I have work and 2 classes and am painting pottery with Caroline.
Friday I have work for a few hours, 2 classes, then CHARLESTON.
Which means a roadtrip with Jenni. A birthday celebration for Hannah. Hannah ROCKS. Dinner at a wine bar and a night at a comedy club. One of my favorite cities, with some of my favorite people. Shouldn't live life counting down to the really special events, but I suppose sometimes those events are what get ya through the stuff that has to be done, the mundane. So Charleston will be like a fabulous dessert after an average meal. Ahh sweets are not the answer. "Former chubby girls, we're made of steel. And splenda" - Bride Wars.
What do I want to do differently this week? I don't want to rush. Even if that means staying put on campus, not walking back and forth from my apt, even though it is a nice refuge of quiet and rest. I know my hubby is not a talker, but he loves well, he's got that down pat. I want to show him I know that so he doesn't feel like I don't. My mom always said, 'Plant your own garden, decorate your own soul, instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers.' I KNOW that means NOT depending on other people to make you happy, because no one is responsible for me, my heart, my heartache and my joys like Jesus. I'm serious. I'm thinking back to a Beth Moore book I read this summer. Jesus says His mission is to bind up the broken hearted. He wants to do this. The book has one of my favorite prayers: Jesus, comfort me so deeply that I seek no other comfort, lesser comforts. I have been doing that this past week, seeking that comfort in my human relationships, in food, in putting my hopes in my plans. And it hasn't been working out so well. So this week I am going to shift my hope to something completely secure, nothing less, turn my eyes upon Jesus. Which will be baby steps, but steps in the right direction. I was delighted in reading Psalm 23 in my new Bible, which is a new translation than what I am used to, it says, "He leads me along the right paths." He does. He will. One step at a time. On the right paths, baby. There's no other way. Luckily, I am almost to the celebration discipline in Celebration of Discipline. Gonna get some guidance in celebrating in life just when I was about to get seriously overwhelmed with all that has to be done. How perfect. God is good.
No comments:
Post a Comment