Oh snap.
In one month exactly I am moving to Memphis.
I'm really doing the whole law school thing.
In one month's time I will be moving in to Mud Island to room with one of my best friends, who I have known since preschool. I'll have about a week to get settled in before orientation then will begin classes August 17. Yesterday I filled out some paperwork for student loans. Rather daunting. Felt like I'm the only one in the world who's going to be in debt, but that is so far from the truth. Had to take a quiz after my loan entrance counseling - had to get 12 out of 15 questions right to pass, and I got 12 out of 15 questions right haha. Need to still talk to my parents about how much, if anything, they are going to give me to start with. They paid my first month of rent which is so generous. Life's expensive.
Nat brought over her new puppy yesterday and I am glad I didn't get a dog. Shooby is SO cute, but I know I won't have time to care for one, or train it. I want to give law school the time and energy and dedication it deserves. Graduate school.
Watched Legally Blonde 2 for the first time last night. It's silly. Elle is cute and tenacious. I think that's why I admire her so much. A line from the Legally Blonde musical is coming to mind - "with the chance I've been given I'm going to be as driven as hell; it's so close I can taste it, so I'm not going to waste it."
I'm counting down the days 'til my friend's wedding August 1, but that puts me a week away from my big move, so I have mixed feelings. I've loved being home, but I do think I will be ready to see what awaits for me in Memphis. A Memphis law professor in his book about the first year of law school said to be excited.
I am really excited.
Month 'til Memphis.
Where's the summer gone? I'll make the most of the summer.
I'd love to finish Outlander. This summer have I only read four books? I thought I read more than that. Hmm. Tonight I'm going to watch fireworks with Clint's family, and for my birthday Clint said he'd shoot off the fireworks we didn't use Fourth of July because it was raining. Don't really have much else on the agenda 'til the wedding weekend.
What will the final month 'til Memphis hold??? :-)
6 years ago
1 comment:
Your new background is beautiful, and such a perfect cross between sassy and classy, just like you. Growing up is scary, isn't it?! I have faith that you'll get through it all. :)
Post a Comment