And you tell me how can it be any better than this?
He is everything. All I want, all I need, He's everything.
Find Me Here
Speak To Me
I want to feel you
I need to hear you
You are the light
That's leading me
To the place where I find peace again.
You are the strength, that keeps me walking.
You are the hope, that keeps me trusting.
You are the light to my soul.
You are my purpose...you're everything.
How can I stand here with you and not be moved by you?
Would you tell me how could it be any better than this?
You calm the storms, and you give me rest.
You hold me in your hands, you won't let me fall.
You steal my heart, and you take my breath away.
Would you take me in? Take me deeper now?
How can I stand here with you and not be moved by you?
Would you tell me how could it be any better than this?
And how can I stand here with you and not be moved by you?
Would you tell me how could it be any better than this?
Cause you're all I want, You're all I need
You're everything,everything
You're all I want your all I need
You're everything, everything.
You're all I want you're all I need.
You're everything, everything
You're all I want you're all I need, you're everything, everything.
And How can I stand here with you and not be moved by you?
Would you tell me how could it be any better than this?
How can I stand here with you and not be moved by you?
Would you tell me how could it be any better than this?
Would you tell me how could it be any better than this?
(Lifehouse, Everything)
I listened to this song on repeat yesterday and rested in the comfort & in the shelter of His love. The Bible says He longs to be gracious to us, and He does. He allures us, calls us to Himself because He wants to love us.
The sermon was RIGHT ON today. Quotes I wrote down:
We really only come to know ourselves as we come to know Jesus.
There was more that has to happen in (Peter's heart) to put the denials behind him.
Peter had protested his love would never diminish.
Jesus said to Peter, in essence, "the only thing that's going to restore you is my love." And its a wounding love, that penetrates so deeply into our motives, hearts, dark places, to reach us. The Lord's love breaks him then restores him.
Jesus message to Peter (and us) is know you are loved, then love me, then love & care for others.
Peter's denials have their roots in his need to be control and show his fear of the future. We fear if we are not in control of our lives our future will be uncertain.
*All of our addictions come from our fear of the future* But Heaven rules. And we do not.
When we grasp Jesus' love for us, despite our controlling nature, our pasts, we become soft like clay again, mold able. Jesus praised little children not because they were innocent but because they were humble, and still shape able.
God whispers in our successes & shouts to us in our needs. Adversity introduces me to myself.
You'll never know Jesus is all you need until Jesus is all you've got - Mother Teresa
It is only when everything is stripped away do we really become aware & have a new openness for His love.
Our usefulness to God doesn't always come in the way we'd think.
Jesus asks, do you love me more than the control of your life? He says, I want your love for me which only comes from my love for you (We love because He loved us first). He says, I don't want your strengths, I want your love.
Mother Teresa paraphrased: "Your calling is to let Jesus love you & let that love overflow to others."
God uses what was broken to offer up Jesus, the bread of life, & wants to use us, the broken vessels we are, to bring His love to the world.
God is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
He gave me an amazing weekend.
Starting on Thursday, because Thursday is the new Friday, I watched the Titans game with Robin and a law school friend in my apartment then went to bar review at Silky's and mingled with my classmates and older students. I was sure to drink orange juice so to not get sick (one student has the swine flu!). We were out super late, but I desire getting to know people more than I desire sleep, so it was ok.
Friday my family came in town! Yay! Natey had a game and he did very well kicking and even caught a 15 yard pass. It was very nice to see my family. They tried to go to Beale Street but Natey couldn't get in, so they went to Hooters and I joined some law school friends at Bar Dogs. Then, I went to Republic for my classmate Lizzie's bday, then, to Silky's. Another great late night out on the town.
Saturday I watched the UT game with Robin. We watched the first half with a dental student I met Friday night & the second half with law school friends. Then I watched the LSU-Vandy game with a law school friend who is from Louisiana and we made chili for dinner (added a can of tomatoes and peppers that's used in rotel dips, think it added to the spiciness). Very yummy dinner but we were craving sweets so we went to Sonic and got M&M blasts & then watched Arthur, a very funny movie about a silly rich man. Then I went to bed before 2 for the first time all weekend.
Woke up this morning, ran at least 4 miles, and went to church with Maggie, and we are going back tonight because they are talking more about Peter, relinquishing control, and addressing addictions. I thank you God for putting Maggie in my life. You really blessed me through my time with her and our conversation over lunch (Panera, bbq chicken salad = delish!). Thank you thank you thank you God!
I am going to do some homework before and after church.
I am blown away at the extravagant love of God.
No comments:
Post a Comment