







One of the best weeks of my life thus far: Thanksgiving 2008.
It began with time in Murfreesboro with Clint before BA's state championship game.
Nate played well, but BA lost, and Nat, Mike, Clint, and I went to Chilis for dinner.
The next day, Wednesday, the family went out to the farm and stayed there until Saturday evening (with the exception of leaving to run the Boulevard Bolt and hit up Marti & Liz shoes on Black Friday, we stayed at the farm Wed-Sat).
Family time was wonderful. There was much food, family time, farm time, time with the doggies, time with my sweetheart.
There's no way to really capture the essence of this Thanksgiving...the essence is taking a deep breath, a deep conversation, a warm mug of tea, a big plate of pancakes made by my dad, a fifth helping of desserts, homemade cinnamon rolls, laughing and eating until your side hurts, warm hugs, the laughter of children, the crisp winter air, running and crunching through the brown fallen leaves, grabbing on tight to the four wheeler as it races across the field, holding hands, holding sleepy doggies, catching up with parents, siblings, cousins, aunts, uncles, games and jokes with my sweetheart's clan, steak dinners and happy pink christmas trees,5 mile runs at 8 in the morning, shoe shopping for two hours with aunts and girl cousins, new love, all rolled into one.
It was a break, a vacation, a holiday, and I cannot wait for Christmas break.
16 days. I am counting down. It couldn't come soon enough.
I have projects and tests and an LSAT retake and finals standing between me and the Christmas holiday.
I attended the first advent Sunday yesterday, had a candy cane today, will eat a gingerbread cookie in a few minutes, and am going to a tridelt Christmas party on Friday. When I return home, I will decorate our tree with my ornaments, partake in the advent calendar with my family, and will anticipate much more family time with my family and hopefully Clint's as well! I CAN'T WAIT.
No comments:
Post a Comment