Thursday, December 4, 2008

a "happy"


...that's what Mrs. Wickles calls little presents that are pleasant little surprises and make people happy! She has given me THREE. And they have made me very very happy.

She gave me law school in a box, an inspirational quote plaque, and a HOT PINK CHRISTMAS TREE!

I plugged in the tree today and it is lighting up my room.

I was able to come back early from class because I made a 95 on my last com law test, so, I am NOT taking the last test (its optional) and so didn't have to sit through the optional review session for the optional test, and now I know for sure I am going home in 12 days! Hallelujah!

SO, I came back, turned on some Christmas music starting with Mannheim Steamroller, and have been restoring order & cleanliness to my room and apartment and in doing so have made some time for me...just to be. Tonight I am going to the Dining Hall's holiday dinner with Jenni & Caroline and then to the winter wonderland! Last year at the winter wonderland, I rode in a horse and buggy (sleigh ride, minus the snow haha) and had yummy cookies and there are other festive things too! Finally, some Christmas cheer.

Yesterday I had been really stressed and bogged down about school work, future plans, LSAT, law school apps, looking for a job, and finally just had to put Wizard of Oz on and fall asleep. Had to rest. Had to call it a night.

Yesterday I was the song "where are you christmas, why can't I find you?" and now I am "tis the season to be jolly fa la la la la la la la la!"

According to my itunes, these are my 10 favorite holiday tunes:


(1) God rest ye merry gentlemen (barenaked ladies)

(2) let it snow (garth brooks)

(3) Jingle Bell rock

(4)Baby it's cold outside

(5) Please come home for Christmas

(6) Christmas is all around (from the movie love actually!)

(7) All I want for Christmas is You (mariah carey)

(8) Love came down (Point of Grace)

(9)O come Immanuel (stephen curtis chapman)

(10) Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays (Nsync)

No comments: