Tuesday, December 2, 2008

pleasant little things

I woke up 20 minutes before class today and it was a very very cold morning, so cold that the leaves on the ground - well, everything for that matter - was frosted and frozen and the wind had me chilled to the bone. These two things did not faze me, though normally they would have. Praise God for peace even when I don't ask for it.

In class our project that was due Thursday got pushed back to Tuesday - what a relief! And our final exam is optional! So, I can turn in the final paper and leave a day earlier than I thought, which makes my countdown only 2 weeks! FABULOUS. (Disclaimer: that is, if I didn't just bomb the last test, which I will get back Thurs, but it is looking promising that I will be going home next Tues! Woo hoo!). I counted I have 5 full days and 2 half days to study for my 4 finals: 2 final papers, and 2 final exams, only one exam of which is cumulative.

And, as I just found out, even if I make all Bs this term, which though it would be my worst term, is looking likely to be the outcome, I will still be on track to graduate with honors (and my GPA won't fall a whole point, which is important for law school apps).

I found this on a friend's blog and wanted to answer this quiz in the time I have before work.

1. What was I doing 10 years ago?

I was in 6th or 7th grade. So worrying way too much about trying to be cool.

2. What are 5 things on my to-do list today?

Work, meeting with a pre law advisor, grocery shopping, rush workshop, homework, LSAT studying. I guess that's six. It's a busy day.

3. Snacks I enjoy:
Chips and salsa is my numero uno.

4. Places I’ve lived:
Georgia. England. Brentwood. Greenville, SC.

5. Things I’d do if I were a billionaire:
Pay my parents back for my college and high school education.
Donate much money to the United Way and Thistle Farms, a Christian rehab place for women leaving lives of prostitution and homelessness, and would sponsor a lot of children. Oh! And that charity where you buy farm animals for people but I can't think of it now.
Travel. Pay for my wedding then "buy a big house where we both could live" - well, it wouldn't even have to be big, that's just what the Elton John song says. Buy pomeranians. Compete in dog shows with said pomeranians.

6. People I want to know more about:

My ancestors.

7. Name two things you have in common with Oprah:
We both love to eat, are from the south, and have trouble loosing weight.

8. You can tell a lot about a person by…
The music they like. How they talk about others. How they are when they're stressed. How they deal with insecurities.

9. Are you a yeller when you get angry?
It was an unhealthy relationship, so in that instance, yes. Normally, no.

10. Have you ever danced in public?

Heck yes!

11. What did you do to deserve your first detention?

Throwing a "projectile" in the lunchroom in 6th grade. But it was fine, I was the only girl and got to hang out with a bunch of guys so I thought I was cool.

12. What did you do deserve your first paddling?
LOL I have no idea. Probably for being a brat. I pushed my brother out of the way to the play area in McDonalds and got spanked real hard in public when I was ten. Ten! Gahhhh.

13. Name three things you like about the town you live in.
It is laden with warm memories.
It is where my family and grandparents are.
There is a lot to do. (real profound, I know haha)

14. Name four things that you love to do.\
Spend time with Clint.
Run. Write. Read. Blog. (they all are hobbies so they go together and count as one)
Be at the farm.
Play with my dog.

15. Name something unusual you carry with you wherever you go.
A broken pendant I found that has one of my favorite bible verses: hebrews 13:5, "never will i leave you, never will i forsake you."

16. What’s your favorite website?

Facebook.

17. Where and when was your first kiss?
Outside the movie theater waiting to get picked up by my friend's mom.

18. What would an enemy have to say about you?
I don't have enemies.

19. Favorite childhood memory.
Too many to list!

20. Any regrets?
Of course, but I believe that "God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose" (Romans 8:28) so as my Aunt Rachel says, you can't look back, you have to look forward.

No comments: