Thursday, December 18, 2008

Reason # 84578469 why I love being home on Christmas break



So Christmas Break has already been a-mazing.

Unbelievably amazing.

How I love being home!

I arrived Tuesday, late afternoon, after driving 5 hours in fog and rain, but fortunately no ice! The fog has remained and I haven't seen the sun since I've returned home. It felt like I was driving through clouds, like the fog was hugging the earth close, like the breath of winter is lingering in the air - air that is visible and chilled.

I went straight to Clint's, visited with him and his sis, then returned home and talked with my momma. :) Then, she had fixed our family a marvelous salmon dinner and we feasted and had chocolate molten lava cakes (replicas of the Chili's masterpiece). Clint came over and we went to get gingerbread house making kits.



We went to TJ Maxx first and found a little gingerbread house kit, but also found a bigger one at Target when we went to get the brand spankin' new All American Rejects CD - woo hoo. Clint's favorite band's new cd = I have a feeling I will be listening to it a lot over break.

Ah yes, and we got chardonnay, Toasted Head chardonnay, the very same chardonnay we had on the first night we officially started dating, so it's familiar, subtle, delicious, celebratory.

Now, my mom warned us, gingerbread houses can be tough because the icing doesn't always hold the walls together. Perhaps that is why it looks as if 5 year olds slopped on the icing. But no, it was just me! :)


So there we were - Clint and me, making our gingerbread houses, making a mess, drinking wine, watching The Holiday, and sitting by a lovely Christmas tree.


The houses were a lot of fun to make. I would highly recommend it!!!

The next morning my brother Jay woke me up by letting Lucy run into my room and jump on me. I love LU. She's the coolest, sweetest dog ever. And she loves me LOTS and loves to cuddle.

My brother Nate had some new mixed CDS so I uploaded them and worked out to my new music - quite a refreshing workout, a 5k on the treadmill and 1.5 miles on the elliptical. Wrapped some presents. Unpacked some of my suitcase. Just took it easy!

Clint and I went to his house to make reindeer cookies (Caroline had given me a cookie mix with a reindeer stencil). It was a great success. They kind of tasted like brownies.


Clint also helped me decorate the Christmas tree with my ornaments. Each year I get a new ornament. I am collecting snowmen. I think snowmen are SO cute!!!


We also watched Home Alone 2 and Rudolph the rednosed reindeer from 1964 last night. 2 great Christmas classics.

Today I went Christmas shopping with my grandmother (my mom's mom). I got presents for my sis and fiance Mike off their wedding registry and got my brothers shirts from TJ Maxx (teenage bros are so hard to shop for but they can return them if they must). Nate's is a John Candeto-style white cuff and collared shirt, and Jay's will look so great with his eyes, that's all I'm sayin'! Mama (what I call my grandmother) got me Sarah Jessica Parker's perfume Lovely for Christmas (it.smells.so.good) - a set of perfume, lotion, and lip gloss for only $50, thank you TJ Maxx! And a pink umbrella and some sparkly leggings. And we had a yummy lunch together at Panera. Tomorrow I'm going shopping with my mom bright and early then out to lunch with my other grandmother.

Oh! I started reading YES MAN and it is fabulous/ hilarious!

To be continued... :)

No comments: