I just applied to The University of Memphis School of Law.
U-Memphis and MCSOL were two schools the Furman pre-law adviser recommended to me as good law schools relatively close to my hometown but with less stringent LSAT standards.
According to Princetonreview.com, these schools are a good "match" for me, which means I have a good probability of being accepted...but with the economy being shotty, more people are going back to school, which means a more competitive applicant pool...MCSOL said they would review my application before my second LSAT score is received, U-Memphis said they would hold it...which means not hearing back from them until January...bummer. Since I do not have much reason to believe it will improve, I wish they would go ahead and decide my fate now.
I suppose Memphis would be my first choice as of now. The pre-law adviser (and Princetonreview.com) said UT-Knoxville was a major reach school (blasted LSAT!). Though that is disappointing, I will use this time to put my whole faith and trust in God that I will end up where I need to be. The applications for two fabulous law schools are now out of my hands so I must take my hand off the altar and trust God - don't have any other choice. I mean I could worry about it and theorize my chances, but I'll do my best to choose trust, trust in God and rest in God in the midst of the uncertainty of the coming months. I got into Furman as an underdog; that could very well be the case again!
I know I just have to trust that where God closes a door he opens a window...and perhaps that I would have the wisdom to recognize said window.
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment