Tuesday, November 18, 2008

i.just.applied.to.law.school.


Because of the prospect of living in Mississippi’s state capitol and being in close proximity to the major government and legal communities, I am convinced that the Mississippi College School of Law would be the ideal place to begin my legal studies. I am especially interested in the school because of the opportunities in family law. I want to specialize in family law, particularly child advocacy, and the Children’s Law Center provides the training I am seeking. I want to work with families, especially children, and offer them counsel and mediation services. I believe this career path would combine the written and verbal communication skills I have developed at Furman. It would also satisfy my desire to help others.

"Our Children's Law Center is a premier training ground, equipping students and community volunteers with the skills required to shepherd children in need of an advocate through the court system. It gives second- and third-year students the opportunity to work under faculty supervision in handling numerous adoptions and other child-related cases." -- MCSOL Website

One MCSOL admission representative told me:

"It will not hurt your chances with the admissions committee for your file to be considered with your present LSAT score.
The committee will sit down for the first time in mid to late December and consider the complete applications we have at that time. If you do not get a favorable answer with your initial file and LSAT score, then, upon your written request, your file can be considered again with your December score, if it is indeed higher. The December scores should reach us in late January, early February. We accept applications from Sept. 1 until June 1, and offer seats on a rolling admissions basis. Early application submission is ALWAYS better, so please consider getting your Application in as soon as possible."

Time to wait and see!

No comments: