The day is grey but there’s a temporary break from the rain. Oh, Fay. It has been off and on all day. It rained on me when I went to get lunch and groceries and books. It rained for most my drive from Nashville to Furman yesterday. I made it in 5 hours and 10 minutes in the rain, which is still making very good time. At times it would be coming down so hard I couldn’t see what was in front of me until the windshield wipers sloshed the water off my window. Today there was standing water in the parking lot so I was sure not to wear my favorite flip flops – my pink rainbows I’ve had since last April – and I wore my new dress I wore the last night I saw Clint and didn’t even bother to brush my hair because there’s no point when everyone else looks like a wet dog too.
After running errands I made some sugar free hot chocolate (it actually tastes decent because you can taste the cocoa powder) and lay back in my pink bed, too tired to tackle finishing my room but not tired enough to go to sleep. I put on some music Clint gave me – a blend of piano, violin, and various other stuff that pairs very well with a warm, soothing mug of cocoa. He listens to this music to sleep and it could easily lull me to sleep just now. I feel so relaxed.
Ah, Furman, I am back for my senior year. How sweet it is to be back and for the most part, settled. I have a few things already on the walls – a new painting I didn’t use last year, my Pomeranian calendar (an essential decorative piece – duh), some pictures of my family I snagged from home and the picture collage Clint made me all where a TV would go, but I don’t have a TV in my room at school. I brought one with me last fall but took it back during fall break because I never even plugged it in. I spend my time doing other things, I suppose. And if I have a down moment or feel like wasting time I usually spend it reading, writing, running, or chatting.
Ah, chatting. Yesterday was fabulous for chatting. I rolled up at 2:30 and was informed that was 30 minutes after the rain had stopped. I moved my things inside with some help from Mandy and her family and decided going up and down the 3 flights of stairs with my arms full would suffice for my workout for the day. TJ dropped by and chatted with Mandy and me. Bridgette and I opened and had a glass of merlot (which was a mix of blueberry, blackberry, mint and vanilla – an awesome combination) and chatted on her bed. Jessie jumped on the bed and cuddlefest 2008 began. Mandy’s family treated me to Zaxbys and it was great to chat with them. They were wonderful, gracious hosts last spring break when I stayed at Mandy’s house before the cruise, and Mandy’s dad, who works at Epcot got us free passes to Disney & Epcot and fast passes for rides like Space Mountain. What a deal!
After dinner I got to work on my room slowly but surely – wasn’t terribly concerned with getting it done. Later Leanna dropped by and we chatted with Mandy over a mug of pomegranate tea. I really like pomegranate things and noticed, lucky for me, it is everywhere these days – teas, vitamin water, in beverage form, but also salad dressing and Orbitz gum. Leanna is peaceful and insightful and it was wonderful as always to see her and was the kind of conversation where friends share and relate and connect.
Later Katie Jane and Amanda dropped by and the entire bottle of merlot was distributed among those ladies and the roommates and Bridgette shared her homemade dark chocolate fudge. A bottle of Little Penguin white wine was opened but it smelled funny (as did Matt who had smoked a cheap cigar and later joined us) and wasn’t finished. There was laughter and dancing and Poppa Roach and Ludacris thanks to Corey’s high school CDs.
I called Clint to say good night and Bridgette sang to him – I think it was a personalized version of twinkle twinkle little star maybe? Some sort of lullaby for my jolly good fellow who is coming to visit Friday which is AMAZING. The peeps have asked if I miss him and I do, but it is quite bearable considering there’s only a couple more days til I see him next. The roommates are excited to see him and Mandy gets to meet him! I am so excited to show him my world here at Furman. It is a good little world. I won’t have gone this many days (5) of not seeing him since the first week in July; we saw each other pretty much every single day of the summer and it was fabulous. We are going hiking to the place where Last of the Mohicans was filmed if it is not raining. Rain rain go away for the weekend – it hasn’t bothered me today but hopefully it won’t rain the whole weekend.
I said goodnight to the cuddlefest on Bridgette’s bed at 3:15 and my first night in D30sexy came to an end.
Oh this is the start of something good,
Don’t you agree?
I haven't felt like this in so many moons
You know what I mean?
And we can build through this destruction
As we are standing on our feet
So, since you want to be with me
You'll have to follow through
With every word you say
And I, all I really want is you
You to stick around
I'll see you everyday
But you have to follow through
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment