
She yells out to the band
Know any Bruce Springsteen
Then she jumps up on the bar
And she, and she starts to scream
She says
Hell yeah!
Turn it up!
Right on!
Hell yeah!
Sounds good!
Sing that song!
Guitar man playin' all night long
Take me back to where the music hit me
When life was good and love was easy
My dad got tickets to the Bruce Springsteen concert last night so the Renfro six, Mike the fiancĂ©, and Kim Jay’s friend all ventured downtown for a rock show!
We had VIP wristbands that took us to the floor in front of the stage. People standing nearby mentioned how they waited for an hour and a half outside for a lottery to get their wristbands. My dad got them because he operated on a stage manager. That same guy found us and gave my dad the play list Bruce had written out for the night – he changes it every night – and the official typed up version so we’d know what songs are coming next. There were literally 7 people standing between me and the stage. When Bruce reached out into the crowd, I touched his hand haha. He was dripping sweat and sure can move for an old guy! I was so impressed. He played for 2 ½ hours straight and had a full band – the E Street Band – a saxophone player, violinist, 3 or 4 guitar players and an awesome drummer. We were on our feet dancing and singing the whole night!
I thought it was so neat how on your right there were 50 year old men jamming, to your left were 15 year old teens jamming, behind me were young 30 somethings, right by the stage was a really old lady with white hair. There were young kids, families, but the majority was men, and they were going absolutely NUTS for him! I liked the energy (wished I had had more, I could only fist pump and sway for about two hours straight before I resorted to just clapping haha) and the talent and the music so loud it felt like the bass was pulsating on your heart.
We gotta get out while we’re young
’Cause tramps like us, baby we were born to run
No comments:
Post a Comment