Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Yesterday summed up in movie quotes



I had watched Enchanted the night before with Clint, Lucy, and Loca.

When Giselle is lost in NYC she meets an old man and says that if be could give her a smile or a friendly hello it would lift her spirits immensely.

When domestic tension reared its ugly head, Clint and Bridgette lifted my spirits immensely.

(As Bethany Dillon sings, “I just hung up the phone. You have a way of changing my day)

I was also reminded of something said by my favorite Enchanted character Prince Edward. There’s a scene where Nancy, Robert’s girlfriend, meets Edward, Giselle’s Prince. Edward introduces Giselle as something like “and this beautiful lady is the love of my life.” Nancy loves it. She responds with something like “that was romantic, so straightforward, not a hint of irony.” I heard this old Savage Garden song yesterday and it struck me as something Prince Edward would have written. No beating around the bush, no “hey we should see where things go, I think I could make you happy.”

I'll be your dream, I'll be your wish I'll be your fantasy.
I'll be your hope, I'll be your love be everything that you need.
I love you more with every breath truly madly deeply do..
I will be strong I will be faithful 'cause I'm counting on a new beginning.
A reason for living. A deeper meaning. Yeah..

I wanna stand with you on a mountain,
I wanna bathe with you in the sea.
I wanna lay like this forever,
Until the sky falls down over me...

And when the stars are shining brightly in the velvet sky,
I'll make a wish send it to heaven then make you want to cry..
The tears of joy for all the pleasure and the certainty.
That we're surrounded by the comfort and protection of..
The highest powers. In lonely hours. The tears devour you..

I wanna stand with you on a mountain,
I wanna bathe with you in the sea.
I wanna lay like this forever,
Until the sky falls down on me...

Oh can you see it baby?
You don't have to close your eyes 'cause it's standing right before you.
All that you need will surely come...

I'll be your dream I'll be your wish I'll be your fantasy.
I'll be your hope, I'll be your love, be everything that you need.
I'll love you more with every breath truly madly deeply do

Another movie quote I was thinking of yesterday that I’m not going to butcher is from Legally Blonde.

My dad was talking to me about law school. He was like, “Do you really want to go to law school? How many nice lawyers do you know? Sure, there are some, but many lawyers are so litigious in everything they say and there are a lot of @$$hole lawyers.” So, a roundabout compliment of saying the stereotype is not exactly a profile that fits me. Elle Woods' dad said it better: “Oh, sweetheart, you don’t need law school. Law school is for people who are boring and ugly and serious. And you, button, are none of those things.”

No comments: