Sunday, July 13, 2008

Your memory's the sunshine every new day brings

Saturday night is over and I can’t sleep. I took a nap during the storm out on the screen door porch earlier this evening. The rain and thunder and lightening were all around but I was safe and peaceful, with a strong hand to hold and a shoulder to rest my head, so sleep came easily. He’s adorable. All of a sudden this week it’s like it finally registered with me that I will be leaving him in less than 2 months and I’m not taking it so well. If anyone has advice on how to make separation from someone you care about easier please let me know because I am at a loss as to what to do. This is…really difficult. Something I tried doing was seeing him as much as possible this week I guess to compensate but you can’t force these things and I sensed my sense of urgency was overwhelming so I’ll try just giving him space, chilling out, letting things flow. These first two songs brought me to tears and the third is a reminder of how sweet he is and how easy it was to fall for him. It’s been so wonderful and I’m not ready for it to be over. Yeah. (sigh) I need a hug.

Hold you in my arms – Ray Lamontagne, a link to a youtube video with absolutely precious images

When you came to me with your bad dreams and your fears
It was easy to see you'd been crying
Seems like everywhere you turn catastrophe it reigns
But who really profits from the dying
I could hold you in my arms
I could hold you forever
I could hold you in my arms
I could hold you forever
When you kissed my lips with my mouth so full of questions
My worried mind that you quiet

Place your hands on my face
Close my eyes and say
That love is a poor man's food
Don't prophesize
I could hold you in my arms
I could hold you forever
And I could hold you in my arms
I could hold you forever
So now we see how it is
This fist begets the spear
Weapons of war
Symptoms of madness
Don't let your eyes refuse to see
Don't let your ears refuse to hear
Or you ain't never going to shake this sense of sadness

I could hold you in my arms
I could hold on forever
And I could hold you in my arms
I could hold on forever


When you come back down – Nickel Creek
You got to leave me now, you got to go alone
You got to chase a dream, one that's all your own
Before it slips away
When you're flyin' high, take my heart along
I'll be the harmony to every lonely song
That you learn to play
When you're soarin' through the air
I'll be your solid ground
Take every chance you dare
I'll still be there
When you come back down
When you come back down
I'll keep lookin' up, awaitin' your return
My greatest fear will be that you will crash and burn
And I won't feel your fire
I'll be the other hand that always holds the line
Connectin' in between your sweet heart and mine
I'm strung out on that wire
And I'll be on the other end, To hear you when you call
Angel, you were born to fly, If you get too high
I'll catch you when you fall
I'll catch you when you fall
Your memory's the sunshine every new day brings
I know the sky is calling
Angel, let me help you with your wings
When you're soarin' through the air
I'll be your solid ground
Take every chance you dare
I'll still be there
When you come back down
Take every chance you dare,
I'll still be there
When you come back down
When you come back down


Never gonna leave – Colbie Caillat
I came apart inside a world made of angry people
I found a boy who had a dream
Making everyone smile
He was sunshine
I fell over my feet
Like bricks underwater

How am i supposed to tell you how i feel
I need oxygen
Oh baby if i was your lady
I would make you happy
I'm Never gonna leave, never gonna leave
Oh baby i will be your lady
I am going crazy for you
And so i found a state of mind
Where i could be speechless
I had to try it for a while
To figure out this feeling
This felt so right
Pull me upside down to a place
Where you've been waiting

No comments: