Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Constant Princess




Day 3 in Memphis.

I am well. I am peaceful. I just finished "The Constant Princess" & am filled with thankfulness for the memories in Spain with my family, & inspiration from Catherine Queen of England, Catalina, Infanta of Spain's life. She was the constant princess. Her life can teach me so much.

She was calm, patient, constant, level headed, emotions kept in check, feathers never ruffled, steady, smooth, never rude.

The bible says:

"Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised" Prov. 31:30.

"Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight" 1 Peter 3:3-4.

A gentle and quiet spirit is what I seek dear Lord. Like Catherine I am passionate, with an affinity towards letting my emotions overpower me. But above my weaknesses, my identity is found in that I am God's daughter, daughter of the King.

She feared nothing. She was resolved never to let her emotions spiral her into weakness and despair as her sister Juana did. She did not settle for anything less than her goals and worked for them, waited for them.

God gives me courage and the resolve of a man, yet the dignity and grace of a woman, a woman after His heart, as His daughter. I can hold my head up high with honor and grace. With strength and courage from God I can also be constant.

I am very blessed because I have been called to love and serve Him with my life. This I believe. My life is richer, more rewarding and fulfilling because He is in my life and my life serves a purpose bigger than myself & my desires. Satan tries to make me resent being good, tries to show me the allure of trouble. But I am better than trouble.

Psalm 73 speaks to this..."I envied the arrogant; I saw the prosperity of the wicked. They have an easy time...did I purify my heart and wash my hands in innocence for nothing?"

Oh no. "When I tried to understand all this, it seemed hopeless until I entered God's sanctuary. Then I understood their destiny. Indeed you put them in slippery places..." Psalm 73 is good stuff.

I am a daughter of the King and a daughter of the King does not waste her time on trouble.

Proverbs says, "Whoever listens to me (me, being wisdom) will live securely and be free from fear and danger," 1:33.

The Streams in the Desert devotional today speaks to the spirit of resolve to be constant in the midst of trouble(coincidence? I think not!):

When trouble comes as trouble will why should I stop singing?
Just beyond the hill it may be that sunshine floods the green world still
He who faces trouble with a heart of cheer makes the burden lighter

1 comment:

Brita Long said...

Beautiful. I am always inspired by your words, ma chèrie. ♥