Thursday, March 19, 2009

grateful for spring!




Tomorrow is officially the *first day of spring*! Welcome, spring! I have missed thee & am very grateful for your return! :)

This week has flown by! I can't believe, but am so grateful, that tomorrow is Friday!

Today was a wonderful day. It was, in a word, swell. :)

Last night I went to bed early (Praise God!!) and felt refreshed when I woke up this morning. I still haven't pulled an all-nighter, or stayed up all night before for that matter. I like my 7-8 hours. Started the day by listing ways God was working in my life that I was grateful for, the roles He plays in my life, remembering who He is to me and what He's done for me. I would highly recommend this: to make a concerted effort to pursue gratitude and joy and the positives.

Not to mention, this weather improves my mood immensely. Sun. Warmth. I just breath easier and feel my heart more at ease just thinking about it. Another sunny day in Greenville was the case today much to my pleasure!

I bought new summer clothes yesterday to celebrate SPRING...and to celebrate getting into law school...and mother said she would buy me an Easter dress...and I was returning a dress to get a different one for my sister's bridesmaid brunch...so, when TJ Maxx gets a huge shipment of Lilly Pulitzer, it is a pretty great thing. Bright, colorful clothes at 75% off? I think yes.

I got a Lilly Easter dress, (yellow, white, and green with a little bit of hot pink), a fabulous strapless multicolor Lilly dress, a precious Lilly skirt with mermaids and fish on it, and a long sleeved bright pink cover-up that I am going to belt and wear as a dress. Bright, colorful new clothes make me happy and are quite celebratory and will last forever. I can't even list the amount of times I've worn my first Lilly dress (pictured below). Roommate Bridgette bought her first Lilly dress with me. It's precious.

Anyway, a whole long spiel about clothes because seeing the new clothes in my closest this morning reminded me how spring is here - if I didn't have to step or look outside to know - and it made me blissfully happy.

Work went very well and went by fast, had a great lunch, then was reading a JRR Tolkien piece about monsters and Beowulf and looked up and it was 1 p.m. My class starts at 1 p.m. Not to worry, I put on the March Madness Memphis basketball game and watched my tigers :) :) :) ... not do so hot. I was thinking, ut oh, there goes my bracket! I picked them to win the whole thing because that's my team! And I've never made a bracket before. So I picked Memphis to beat UT, my other team, in the final. Haha. Didn't pick based off records or what-have-you. Just who I like!

Tonight was initiation for the new Deltas! That is why I posted pictures from the last three years of Tridelt initiation. It's been real. It's been fun. It's been real fun. We've got some beautiful, kind, remarkable new women in our sorority and I have full faith the chapter will stay strong! I don't think it has hit me quite yet that my Delta time is drawing to a close.

Afterward I got to talk to a friend. An answered prayer: the last few days she has had peace from someone who has been harassing her for months on end. The proper people have intervened to protect her, and I am so grateful for this. Praise God. Please continue to be with her, dear Lord, please be with this whole situation and those involved.

Right now I'm listening to the music from The Holiday soundtrack on repeat. The songs make me think of gumption, a quality the women in the movie possess, and after being down for a little while and struggling, realize their inner strength and self worth and learn to love again. It's a wonderful process. I received messages from a lifelong friend of mine that makes me think of these women, makes me think of gumption.

No comments: