Tuesday, December 8, 2009

christmas vests & fidelity

Hello blog! I sit listening to the wind howling outside my window on what has been a blustery December day("oh the weather outside is frightful..."). My lil hot pink Christmas tree & Robin's white Christmas lights on the garland *brighten* up the room. My advent calendar that I won as the RENFRO 2009 THANKSGIVING BINGO CHAMPION is prominently displayed! December 8th. When the heck did it become December 8th?!

In 2 days from now I will be at a tacky Christmas sweater party with my classmates. We will be celebrating the end of the semester with great holiday cheer.

I am wearing what I have worn to every tacky Christmas sweater party I've attended (only 2 - Pi Kapp's Christmas Crunk!): my Christmas vest (this year, with my gray dress)!! Christmas Crunk was SO much fun: one of the brothers would dress as Santa & would deliver presents, there would be holiday goodies like peppermint bark & gingerbread, & Santa would read the Night Before Christmas. For Christmas Crunk freshman year, Spencer and I found these vests at Goodwill and decided to go to the party both wearing such incredibly fashionable attire. Then I wore it junior year too, same party. Thursday's party is going to be aaaaamazing. Austin Rainey is going as Santa. I cannot wait.




And Saturday, my gal pal Amy (non-law school friend) is ALSO having a tacky sweater party. Guess what I'm wearing? Tacky vest? You betcha. Alex Maclin said I should wear the exact same thing to both parties. I just might. Why not. Guys repeat outfits all the time.

Speaking of guys/boys/men...

One of my friends wrote on twitter a few days ago:

Why are all my sports idols unfaithful husbands? Is it really that hard?

This friend, a Mr. Adams, was a big fan of McNair and also Tiger Woods. I always thought Tiger and his wife were a lovely couple. 5 years ago they sailed off into the sunset on a yacht after promising to be faithful and to love each other for better or worse. Lovely? Yes. Trouble in paradise? Absolutely. No thank you. Wouldn't want to be in Mrs. Woods' shoes for anything.

Who cares if you can sail off like that and have an elaborate million dollar wedding if you don't renew those vows every day, and every day choose to love the person you made a promise to God (or if not to God, you promised your spouse!) that you would love??

I said to my roommate, "Kobe Bryant, Steve McNair, and now Tiger! What does this mean?" And she said, "Men cheat!" She was joking. But what she said after was that when people - men or women - are given whatever they want they think they can have and do whatever they want, which is I think a good answer to Mr. Adams' question.

I believe there are still good faithful men out there. I know there are men out there who desire to be faithful to their wives and truly love their wives - I know plenty of them. I hope God brings one of my own into my life one day; this good faithful woman looks forward to loving a good faithful man when the time is right. Song of Solomon says to not arouse or awaken love until the proper time. My friend (Megan Flynn - referencing your wisdom) said when its supposed to work it will, it will be easy, and you'll just click & know. Doesn't that sound glorious!

Mr. Adams also copied what someone else "tweeted" which was:

Faithful men exist but they are the men women ignore, won't talk to, take their drink in the club and walk away

I hate it when nice guys feel like nice guys finish last. They don't. Your reward for not being a douche pays off. It does. I am tempted to be disheartened myself for being a "good girl." But it is worth it. It pleases God, for one, and it is the better way to be. There are plenty of people still totally infatuated with the bad guys and bad girls; guys who want girls like Megan Foxx who is sooo trashy and girls who will put up with douches who mistreat them. What is going on in the world these days. I think Taylor Swift is a breath of fresh air among the teenyboopers "good girls gone bad," and I think there's lots of guys out there who agree.

She's a good girl, loves her mama, loves Jesus, and America too...I think that's a pretty good way to classify a gal if you ask me. :)

i hope it's going to make you notice, i hope it's going to make you notice, someone like me. (kings of leon)

No comments: