Sunday, October 19, 2008

A busy day for a bridesmaid



Whoa momma this weekend has flown by! It has been wonderful. I have gotten to spend a lot of time with my best friends, which has been marvelous.

Yesterday, as the title indicates, was a busy day for a bridesmaid. I went to Nancy’s bridal shower at noon. The theme was “we’re going green” because she loves green so guests were encouraged to bring green gifts, there were cupcakes with green frosting, cucumber sandwiches, spinach croissants, and chocolate covered pretzels with green M&Ms. It was so great to see her! She has 35 days until her wedding day and is so excited! Nancy is my big sister in Tridelt and we met the first day I was a Tridelt and became best friends. She has been such a blessing in my life. We pray together, laugh together, dance together, talk together, and are silly together. We are two peas in a pod. I need to think of a more profound way of saying those things for a rehearsal dinner toast haha! She filled me in with more wedding weekend details (Nov. 21-23) and the maid of honor and I coordinated riding to the airport together. I’m excited because the weekend before Nancy gets married Clint will be in town and we are going out with Nancy and her fiancĂ© Joseph! Nancy’s mother asked if I wanted to bring Clint to the wedding and I hadn’t even considered it until she mentioned it. As far as wedding etiquette goes, I learned this summer that if the invitations don’t say “and guest” they are not factoring in a guest for you, but since I am in the bridal party it’s different. Ever since they mentioned it I really want him there and have been looking at flights – perhaps it will be my Christmas present to him – and he is going to see if he can miss class on that Friday so he can fly down to Orlando. Nancy’s mom said he would be included in all the rehearsal dinner festivities and what not. If not Friday, maybe he can fly down Saturday morning. I hope I hope I hope.

After the shower I ran some errands that ended up taking FOREVER. I went to get my car’s oil changed and apparently one of the alternator and power steering belts were seriously cracked and needed to be replaced so there was another hour sitting at the car shop. The mechanic thought it had never been replaced on my little 1996 car. The car doesn’t even have 70,000 miles on it but it is starting to get rather old. After that I went to get some shoes for the bridesmaid dress and went to four different places before finding ones I liked. The only requirements were silver but I knew exactly what I had in mind. I found some – more than I wanted to spend, but they will look really nice with the dress and are very comfortable which is important because I will be on my feet all night. After that I took the dress to get altered – it is absolutely gorgeous but is currently about 3 sizes too big so it just slides down. Should be ready by the end of the week.

After that I went home and it was like 5 p.m. so I laid supine on my bed and took a 20 minute power nap, then made some red velvet cookies, went to Lemongrass for dinner with my roommates for a roomie night, then went to Brita’s and introduced her to Enchanted and drank tea, talked, watched Enchanted, and ate cookies with her. I ordered my Halloween costume today as well – I am going as Giselle from Enchanted – and am going to wear her big poofy white dress!!! Yaaaaaaaaayyy~! Clint is going as Prince Edward and is going to wear my brother’s Prince Edward costumer. Love it!
Friday night I went to dinner with Allison and Virginia, my Tridelt family, and I am about to go to church then Mary is making me a home made breakfast and we are going to a craft show in Asheville, NC. AMAZING weekend!

And here is the Psalm that began my day, Psalm 121:

I lift my eyes up to the hills, where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of Heaven and Earth. He will not let your foot slip – he who watches over you will not slumber. (1-3)

No comments: