Wednesday, October 15, 2008

any given tuesday

Well I wrote this last night but my Internet wasn't working so I couldn't put it up til now. I will post pictures and tell the story of Flannel Night at the Karaoke Barn soon.

“I like how we made up our own theme parties” – Bridgette.

Theme party # 1: flannel night at the barn. The karaoke barn. On a Tuesday night. I am wearing a dress from the ‘70s with a flannel top. It’s pretty awesome. Other theme nights we are having? Octoberfest. Pumpkin decorating. Thanksgiving reenactment. Election night. Mandy’s birthday. Wine tasking party. Christmas party. I love my roommates.

Ever since the LSAT I have been a lot less stressed about life. I think I studied so much and so hard for it that ever since I felt like I just hit a pause button and have been resting instead of being so hardcore about homework and I don't really feel like hitting resume quite yet. And maybe I don't need to resume to the pace I was going anyway.

I got an email from a friend’s mom today who was remembering her days at Furman. She said she misses her Furman days and remembers how they were so carefree back then – that the most important thing they had to do was get the float finished in time for homecoming. I was counting down how many months until Nat’s wedding and realized it’s 6 – which means 7 months until I GRADUATE COLLEGE. Whoa. Seven months?! That kind of hit me. Today I looked around a lot on my day to class wanting to commit it all to memory, savor it, absorb it, so it will be with me wherever I go. Because it won't be long until I do go.

What’s on the agenda for this week? Just start livin’, that’s the next thing on my list.

Like go for a walk, say a little prayer
Take a deep breath of mountain air
Put on my glove and play some catch
It's time that I make time for that
Wade the shore and cast a line
Look up a long lost friend of mine
Sit on the porch and give my girl a kiss
Start livin', that's the next thing on my list

Raise a little hell, laugh 'til it hurts
Put an extra five in the plate at church
Call up my folks just to chat
It's time that I make time for that
Stay up late, then oversleep
Show her what she means to me
Catch up on all the things I've always missed
Just start livin', that's the next thing on my list

(My List, Toby Keith)

No comments: