What happens now? What happens now?
I dare you to move, dare you to move
Dare you to lift yourself off of the floor
- Switchfoot
So as I was leaving school today my car got crunched. I had cars behind me and the girl in a big ol' truck was backing up and I kept honking at her because I couldn't move and she did not see me (or hear me, apparently) and crunched into me and knocked my light out. It's still attached and works and the car's still drivable, but it really shook me up. And, I couldn't find my purse so I ran back into the building frantically looking for it, but it was in my car after all, under a newspaper (I was SO worried it was stolen & the cop was going to write me up for driving without a license!). Yea. A bit sh sh shakin, shakin' up.
So, as I told my mom, I was literally hit when I was down. I felt like I was on a roll until Wednesday, and since then, things have been ultra tough. Perhaps tomorrow will be better? Perhaps the week will end better than it started? Perhaps!
A friend had asked me to go on a walk today and some friends are going to the season opener of Memphis basketball tonight. After my lil accident today I was tempted not to do either, thinking I wouldn't be the most sterling of company since I don't feel like my chipper self & I hate not feeling like myself. But I went on the walk and it was GREAT. It was a beautiful fall day and my gal pal is a happy-go-lucky chick just rolling along, doing her thing, loving life. Just what I needed.
Satan likes to tempt us to show us what we don't have that we miss out on everything we do have. The sun comes up and a new day comes even when we may not feel we have enough joy or strength to face it, but I know I need to keep the Switchfoot song in mind and think of it as God's dare to us, daring us to keep going, keep running towards the goal He has called us towards in Christ, daring us to lift ourselves off of the floor. Maybe we failed in some way or were rejected or felt like we tried our best and it wasn't good enough, but the story doesn't end there.
We can be thankful He cares enough to till up & break up the stagnant soil of our hearts for planting and cares enough about us to run us through the refiner's fire so we will be better, purer, stronger, instead of leaving us alone, letting us settle, being indifferent. Apathy and indifference is worse than hatred because it is saying you don't even care enough to feel a strong emotion. But God cares, oh does He care. He cares enough to take away what we love if it is holding us back from our potential and what is best for us. He cares enough to protect us from our complacency in order to give us HIS BEST -- if we are complacent to make mud pies He cares us enough to show us a vacation at sea is available to us, as CS Lewis says.
It won't be more than we can stand. It won't kill us. It will make us stronger.
So as Kanye West says I'm going to say to God: IMMA LET U FINISH. I know He isn't done with me yet! :)
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment