What a man desires is unfailing love - Proverbs 19:22
Breaking Free, by Beth Moore, points out that the term "unfailing love" occurs 32 times in scripture, but not once is it attributed to human love, only God's love.
The Lord's unfailing love surrounds the man who trusts in him - Psalm 32:10
My unfailing love for you will not be shaken - Isaiah 54:10
In your unfailing love you will lead the people you have redeemed - Exodus 15:13
May your unfailing love be my comfort, according to your promise to your servant - Psalm 119:76
Similar variations of describing His love for us:
I have loved you with an everlasting love - Jer. 31:3
I will not take my love from them, nor will I ever betray my faithfulness - Psalm 89:33
Beth Moore goes on to say how "we can't always count on sympathy from others when we're suddenly shattered. Our heartbreaks aren't really anyone else's responsibility. They are Christ's" who declares "He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted" (Isaiah 61:1)
He has sent me to [to bind on, wrap around, bind up as a wound, bandage, cover, envelope, enclose, to compress, to stop] the [to burst, break into pieces, wreck, crush, smash, to rend, tear to pieces like a wild beast] hearted. That kind of love we hunger for, the kind of love that will bind up our hearts, hold our hearts, no matter how great the need.
Beth Moore had a really great, vulnerable train of thought I copied in my journal. She wrote: "Somewhere in the midst of my morning time with God, I ask Him to satisfy all my longings and fill all my hollow places with His lavish, unfailing love. This frees me from craving the approval of others and requiring others to fill my cup. Then, if someone takes the time to demonstrate love to me, that's overflow! I am free to appreciate it and enjoy it, but I didn't emotionally require it!"
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment